The Independent Office of Audits and Investigations maintains a Hotline where employees and members of the public can anonymously report unethical or questionable behavior by employees of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Use the Ethics Helpline if you:
- Observe possible violation of any law, regulations or rule, including safety or privacy violations, theft or other criminal conduct.
- Identify possible fraud, financial misconduct, questionable practices, bribery, falsification of records or reports, and/or misuse or waste of state resources.
- Notice possible abusive or retaliatory behavior, acts/threats of workplace violence, sexual harassment, discrimination, or other serious misconduct.
The Ethics hotline is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling the Ethics Hotline at 1 (844) CT Ethic/ 1(844) 283-8442 or reporting online at www.caltransethics.com.
When to use Ask Ethics
Ask Ethics at firstname.lastname@example.org provides a way for employees to seek guidance or ask questions related to ethical issues in the workplace. Inquiries do not constitute reporting of a concern. Use Ask Ethics if you…
- Need guidance on an ethics related issue
- Have general ethics questions or concerns
- Have questions about a particular situation